- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ice cream sticks wooden
- 1/3 cup white frosting
Decorator’s sugar (optional)
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar granulated
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter, granulated sugar, water and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add egg; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating on low speed just until blended. (If necessary, refrigerate dough until firm enough to handle.)
- Roll 1/4 cup dough into ball; place on ungreased cookie sheet, 3 cookies per sheet. (Cookies spread while baking.) Insert wooden stick about three quarters of the way into side of each ball. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until outside edges are firm and center is set. Cool several minutes on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Decorate top of cookie with white frosting in snowflake pattern; sprinkle with decorator’s sugar, if desired. Makes about 12 cookies.